Enabling Covid vaccinations at North Bristol NHS Trust (NBT)
days of admin
Enabling Covid vaccinations at NBT
In December 2020, North Bristol NHS Trust was given a mandate to provide vaccinations to staff, social care workers and priority groups in the surrounding areas.
The DrDoctor Delivery team put together a deployment plan using Broadcast Messaging and Quick Book with a focus on getting started as soon as possible.
Once NBT decided to move forward, it took just 3 days to go live.
How we did it
- Broadcast Messaging and Quick Book require no technical integration and were up and running the next working day
- NBT sent emails in batches of priority order with a link to Quick Book for people to book their vaccination slot
- Broadcast Messaging sent an SMS appointment reminder as the vaccination date approached
- The vaccination booking system was flexible enough to keep up with changing government guidelines and uncertain supply levels
- 194,000 vaccination appointments booked with 120,000 booked in January alone
- 51 Broadcast Messaging campaigns kept over 42,000 people informed of their appointment and any changes to it
- Saved the carbon equivalent of planting 107 trees due to printed letters not sent
- 250 days of admin time saved by allowing the public to book slots instead of staff
It wasn't just the speed of deployment that impressed us, but also the way in which Quick Book was constantly improved and refined.